HD44780 LCD Controller
The Hitachi HD44780 LCD Controller is a microprocessor / driver for LCD dot matrix displays.This is a very popular component since the 80s. Many devices use this chip and LCD.
It's also popular with hobbyists who are driving it with Arduino or Raspberry Pi microcontrollers for their own projects.
Various configurations are available such as 1, 2 or 4 lines of 8, 16, 20, 24, 32, 40, or 80 characters.
Here is a simulator that allows one to generate messages in LCD type font and to explore some of the HD44780 controller functions.
You may make any custom messages to incorporate into web pages.
- Generate custom messages in LCD type font
- Fully customizable sizes for dots, gaps, character spacing
- Contrast, Backlight, Hue, and Saturation controls
- Negative Mode (light characters on dark background)
- Fonts for both A00 (Japanese standard font) and A02 (European standard font) ROM versions
- Save as various image formats: PNG, GIF, JPEG, BMP, TIFF, WEBP (depending on browser support)
Revised 9 Nov 2020